You may already encounter the case when you see a Chrome extension source code but you don't know how to install it. In this case, you may want to follow the steps below.
If you have the extension
.crx file, it means you have the packaged version of the extension. In this case, go to part 1, otherwise, go to part 2.
To install a packaged extension, follow the steps below:
- Download the Chrome extension
.crxfile (if it is already the case, go to part 3).
- If you disable the protection settings against Chrome extension installation from outside the Chrome Web Store, the installation should be automatic when opening the file.
- Otherwise, open the Chrome extension manager (Menu > Tools > Extensions) and drag and drop the file
- Si vous avez désactivé la protection contre les installations à partir de site hors du Chrome Web Store, l'installation devrait être automatique lors de l'ouverture du fichier.
To install from source code, follow the steps below:
- Download the source code folder
- Check that the directory contains a file named
- Go to the Chrome extension manager (Menu > Tools > Extensions)
- Check the ' Developer Mode ' checkbox in the top right corner of your screen.
- Three buttons should appear. Click on ' Load unpacked extension... ' and choose the directory containing the source code and the precious
This tutorial is compatible with Chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Opera, Edge, ...). In case of errors, check if the file
manifest.json exists and there are no missing files, like images or JS files.
If you're seeking solutions to a problem or need expert advice, I'm here to help! Don't hesitate to book a call with me for a consulting session. Let's discuss your situation and find the best solution together.
Introducing new blog on OAuth, OpenID Connect, and IAM Solutions
I'm excited to announce the launch of a new blog named CerberAuth, where I'll be exploring the world of OAuth, OpenID Connect, and IAM solutions for modern security.
MySQL Docker Image for Mac ARM M1
MySQL official Docker image is not available for Apple ARM-based M1 and M2 CPUs. But there is some options to use mysql image on Mac and more globally on ARMv8 microarchitecture.
How to deal with Docker Hub rate limit on AWS
Since 2020, DockerHub has been limited to only 200 container image pull requests per six hours. This article will help you to deal with this limitation on AWS.