You may already encounter the case when you see a Chrome extension source code but you don't know how to install it. In this case, you may want to follow the steps below.
If you have the extension
.crx file, it means you have the packaged version of the extension. In this case, go to part 1, otherwise, go to part 2.
To install a packaged extension, follow the steps below:
- Download the Chrome extension
.crxfile (if it is already the case, go to part 3).
- If you disable the protection settings against Chrome extension installation from outside the Chrome Web Store, the installation should be automatic when opening the file.
- Otherwise, open the Chrome extension manager (Menu > Tools > Extensions) and drag and drop the file
- Si vous avez désactivé la protection contre les installations à partir de site hors du Chrome Web Store, l'installation devrait être automatique lors de l'ouverture du fichier.
To install from source code, follow the steps below:
- Download the source code folder
- Check that the directory contains a file named
- Go to the Chrome extension manager (Menu > Tools > Extensions)
- Check the ' Developer Mode ' checkbox in the top right corner of your screen.
- Three buttons should appear. Click on ' Load unpacked extension... ' and choose the directory containing the source code and the precious
This tutorial is compatible with Chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Opera, Edge, ...). In case of errors, check if the file
manifest.json exists and there are no missing files, like images or JS files.
How to deal with Docker Hub rate limit on AWS
Since 2020, DockerHub has been limited to only 200 container image pull requests per six hours. This article will help you to deal with this limitation on AWS.
How to enable Python type checking in VSCode
Python now has support for type hints. In this article, we will see how to enable better IntelliSense and type checking analysis in VSCode.
How to manage Internationalization with NextJS SSG
Staticaly generating a website with the NextJS framework in different languages is not so obvious.